> LAW ENFORCEMENT
> JAIL & DETENTION
> COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
> LAW ENFORCEMENT JOB DESCRIPTIONS WORKBOOK
> JAIL & DETENTION JOB DESCRIPTIONS WORKBOOK
OSS Communications Center Policy & Procedures Manual
(Click for Sample)
Policy & Procedures Manual
Did you know that there are an estimated 97,000 personnel employed by 911 systems or agencies? Additionally, there are over 240 million 911 calls each year requesting emergency medical service and police 911 services! Could you imagine handling this amount of 911 call volume?
Whether you refer to your emergency telecommunications operators as a dispatcher, a 911 call operator, a system communication operator, or a Police 911 dispatcher the demand for quality system communication is the same. In most cases the telecommunications operator is the only lifeline to critical police 911, fire, or emergency medical service response!
To make sure that 911 systems communications are handled effectively, OSS developed dispatch software policies for emergency communications center operations which support law enforcement, sheriff, police, fire and rescue emergency responders.
Whether the telecommunicators job is providing constant telephone communication, telephone triage, system communication, emergency communications, emergency medical service, or rescue or critical police 911 calls, dispatcher jobs are one of the most critical and difficult tasks in any emergency communications situation.
OSS Law Enforcement Advisors® Communications Center Policy & Procedures manuals have been continuously updated for over 20+ years. With thousands of users, OSS has established a nationwide following with 110+ policies covering topics such as: Officer Needs Assistance, Media Relations, Medical Assistance, Telephone Procedures, Kidnapping and more. [Listing of Communication Center Policies].
Subject Matter Experts
OSS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) develop and update policies regularly within our policy sets. OSS SMEs are recognized in both federal and numerous state courts. Our SMEs are well versed in the latest evolving industry best practices and court decisions, and regularly teach law enforcement officers, jailers, risk managers and attorneys.
Nationwide Best Practices
OSS Communications Center Policy & Procedures Manuals incorporate industry best practices. For example, several state agencies and law enforcement associations have contracted with OSS to develop specific client-branded policy sets – to name a few, the states of Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas, Ohio, Kansas, and more.
OSS Communications Center Policy Manuals contain the latest risk management practices, are regularly updated, simple to understand, straightforward, easily adapted and rooted in law.
Microsoft Word Format
OSS Communications Center Policy & Procedures Manuals are provided direct from our secure servers in one simple downloadable file. Each individual policy is in Microsoft Word, and formatted so there truly are no limitations to agency-specific modifications. Each policy manual and individual policy may be edited, graphically enhanced, reserved for future use, added to, or even deleted.
Critical Broadcast Notifications
With 2,000+ policy clients, a unique source of policy development input comes through actual incidents, opinions, and perspectives shared by agency Chiefs of Police, Sheriffs, and cases OSS has been retained in as experts. OSS stays in constant contact with our clients and their employees regarding trending issues in law enforcement liability and risk management. Whether there is a new prevailing court case, a new OSS policy developed, or an online OSS Academy® training opportunity, we will email you and your staff directly. Management and officer policy access is provided through confidential password protected portals.
Online Training Support
Through OSS Academy®, we provide 130+ law enforcement, jail, and telecommunications courses online. OSS Academy® courses are recognized by more Peace Officer Standards and Training boards and correctional associations than any other online training provider. For more information, Contact OSS Academy®.
OSS Subject Matter Experts are just a phone call away. We welcome opportunities to discuss policy or risk management related issues with our clients. Whether you have a policy development question or a risk management issue, OSS SMEs will provide On-Call Consulting at no additional charge.
OSS Subject Matter Experts are available to develop turnkey policies for your agency.
OSS Subject Matter Experts have been retained in 1,200+ liability-related cases. Should the need ever arise; we are available to provide your defense team with expert litigation support. [OSS Expert Witness Consulting Services]
Primary Benefits of OSS Communications Center Policy & Procedures Manual:
- Cost: OSS Communications Center Policies & Procedures manual is only $1,240.
- Liability Reduction: No doubt, using OSS policy manuals will reduce liability for both your agency and you individually. More importantly, your officers will be safer using current policies and procedures.
- Reduce Manpower Drain and Cost: Developing policies and procedures for your agency is a daunting task that can cost much in dollars and labor! Not to mention that once developed, questions may remain regarding the constitutionality of the policies.
- Critical Broadcast Notifications: Whether there is a new prevailing court case, a new OSS policy developed, or an online OSS Academy® training opportunity, we will send an email straight to your inbox.
- Subject Matter Experts: OSS provides you with access to court recognized SMEs.
Primary Features of OSS Communications Center Policy & Procedures Manual:
- Depth of Services: No law enforcement risk management firm in the United States can provide your agency with the depth of services offered by OSS Law Enforcement Advisors®.
- Microsoft Word Format: Policy manuals and individual policies can be available within minutes of receiving your order. Each may be downloaded to your computer, edited, graphically enhanced, reserved for future use, added to, or even deleted. You can merge and modify without being limited to Adobe formats, or Internet speeds.
- Defensible: OSS Communications Center Policies & Procedures contain the latest risk management practices, regularly updated, simple to understand, straightforward, easily adapted and rooted in law.
- Updates: Critical or general annual policy updates are provided through our notification service for only $695 each year.